Available Staff Positions as of July 10, 2019:
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand deliver to 320 Hay Street, Fayetteville, NC, 28301.
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Hay Street United Methodist Church
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. The ideal candidate should have three years of work experience related to children and youth, a genuine love of Jesus Christ grounded in the Wesleyan theology of the United Methodist Church, and a calling and passion to work with children and youth. The candidate must be spiritually mature, self-confident, courageous, enthusiastic, friendly, possess high integrity, a positive personality, and strong character. The candidate should have solid networking, organizational, administrative, and teaching skills. We are seeking a team player with an ability to effectively recruit, train, and celebrate children, youth, families, and volunteers.
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to build young disciples of Jesus Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to children and youth ministries (preK-12th grade).
· Advocating for children and youth, representing their concerns, hopes, and needs.
· Coaching, mentoring, and inspiring children and youth to live into their full potential.
· Building relationships with families and internal/external stakeholders.
· Faithfully promoting our ministries both internally and externally, emphasizing the spiritual and relational benefits of connecting with Hay Street UMC’s ministries.
· Coordinating a top-quality Christian discipleship program to build the faith of children and youth, helping them grow in grace as they strive to follow Jesus Christ.
· Identifying, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate curriculum that will enhance spiritual and social development.
· Supervising nursery staff.
· Maintaining accurate database for all participants and implementing effective strategies for measuring outcomes.
· Developing and monitoring annual budget and implementing fund-raising as necessary.
· Creating both a Children’s Council and a Youth Council and engaging these two Councils to assist with carrying out the Christian discipleship program.
· Identifying and equipping adult volunteers to participate in the various roles necessary to implement weekly ministries.
· Training all staff and volunteers in Safe Sanctuary policy at all children and youth events.
· Leading stimulating and engaging ministries for children and youth.
· Being the resident expert on all initiatives/ministries/topics concerning children and youth.
· Teaching biblically with a focus on helping children and youth apply lessons to life.
Hours: This salaried position is full-time with a minimum of 40 hours per week including Wednesdays from 5:30pm-8pm, Sundays from 8:30am -12:30pm and 5pm-8pm, and other times beyond the normal 8am-5pm workday.
Accountability: The Director reports directly to the Pastor, is accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee, and will at times need to meet with the Office Manager for budgeting, scheduling and/or other administrative tasks.
Evaluation: Conditions of employment, compensation, benefits and other related matters are considered on an annual basis or as necessary by the Staff Parish Relations Committee, and in accordance with the Hay Street United Methodist Church Staff and Personnel Policy. Evaluation shall be performed annually by the Pastor and reviewed by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.